Collection of Personal Information
The Personal Information we gather from you helps us learn about visitors to the Website or users of the App, our customers and potential customers. We use this information to provide the Services to you, to better tailor the features, performance and support of our products and services, and to offer you additional information and opportunities.
Personal Information You Provide to SWORL
- When you register on the Website or App, we will collect your full name, a password, and an email address.
- When you use the App, we also collect information on your location and the App allows you to share your content with others in different locations and on some social media sites.
- When you order products or services on the Website or App, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- When you subscribe to a SWORL newsletter, we will collect your email address.
- When you contact us to submit comments, questions or feedback using the forms on the Website or in the App, we will collect your name, email address and your comment, question or feedback.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- When you contact us using the request forms on the Website or in the App, we will collect your name, email address and your comment or question that you enter into the form.
- When you post messages on the message boards of the Website, or in the App, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- When you contact us by sending us an email, we will collect your email address and any information contained in the email you send us and any information attached to the email.
Personal Information Collected Via Technology
An “Internet protocol address” or “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases your IP Address stays the same from browser session to browser session; but if you use a consumer internet access provider, your IP Address probably varies from session to session. We track IP Addresses solely in conjunction with session cookies to analyze our web page flow.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that a web site sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a web site. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the Website or App. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions. If you choose to disable Cookies, some areas of the Website or App may not work properly.
Personal Information We Receive From Other Sources
We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources like a mobile device, telephone or fax or from companies that provide our services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website (“Partner Companies”), and for our App, this includes location-based services accessed by our App for certain features in the App. If you choose to disable location-based services, some features of the App may not work properly. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Website or App in order to improve the products and services we provide.
Use of Information
In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with SWORL newsletters, surveys, or promotional emails regarding changes and upgrades to our products and services and for other marketing purposes of SWORL or our partners, should you request to receive such communications from us.
We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this Anonymous Information to analyze request patterns and usage patterns so that we may enhance our products and services. We may disclose this Anonymous Information to third parties contracted by SWORL to provide marketing services designed to promote our products and services. SWORL reserves the right to use and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in its discretion.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Information (as described below), we may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on SWORL; or (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of SWORL or users of our Services.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request and obtain from us, once a year, free of charge, certain information about the Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. This information would include a list of the categories of Personal Information that we shared and the names and mailing addresses of all third parties with which we shared Personal Information in the preceding calendar year. If you would like to make such a request, please submit your request to Customer Support.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
You may change any of the Personal Information in your account by editing your online profile in the app or on the website (when that functionality is introduced) or by sending an email to us at the email address set forth below.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 13.
SWORL is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Even though SWORL has taken significant steps to ensure that your Personal Information is not intercepted, accessed, used, or disclosed by unauthorized persons, you should know that SWORL cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.